BEREA TRADITIONAL DULCIMER GATHERING
May 16 – 19, 2019
Held at, but not sponsored by Berea College.
Welcoming fans of dulcimer history and traditional dulcimers from all regions.
* Emphasis on traditional, not modern, dulcimers, dulcimer history, and playing
* No chords or capos – noter & drone, fingerdancing or bowing only
* No DAd tuning – DAA, Ddd, DAC, DAG or equivalent tunings as necessary
* All skill levels
* No attendance fee
* Attendees get a free noter and quill
MEALS AND LODGING
Attendees stay at a residence hall on the Berea College campus in downtown Berea, KY. Bring your own bed linen, pillow and toiletries including a towel. COST: $25 per night.
Campus Dining Services All You Can Eat 3-meal/day plan: $20-23 per day.
* DAILY TOPIC – lecture or playing lesson on some aspect of traditional dulcimers or dulcimer history.
* DAILY TOUR — historically important dulcimer-related locations, museum collections, etc. Tours are by carpool.
* Builders/Historic displays/Traditional Vendors – no charge for space
* Playing individually or in small groups, whenever and wherever
* Open Mic Night
Laid back, relaxed:
* Morning topic, afternoon tour
* Morning tour, afternoon topic
* Playing in small groups when/wherever